I think this is perfect as a refreshing accompaniment to fish or meat dishes.
Tip: It would be better if you julienned the apples 1 hour before serving time, toss them in lemon juice to prevent them from browning and they will look great while sitting in the fridge, waiting to be tossed and eaten.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly julienned
- 2 apples, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 large oranges, peeled and slice thinly
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 small piece root ginger
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- chopped parsley or mint (whichever herbs you prefer)
- salt and ground pepper
Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger.
Blend together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, ginger and season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the carrots and apples together, pour the dressing over and mix well.
Arrange on a plate the oranges and sprinkle lightly with chia seeds.
Put the carrot-apple mixture over the oranges.
Sprinkle the salad with the pistachio nuts and chopped herbs.