Pumpkin Challah Bread Pudding
Total time: 45 mins
- 2 slices pumpkin challah bread (better a day or two old)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons white or brown sugar (I used white but either would work!)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break challah into small pieces into two ramekins layering with walnuts and cranberries if desired.
- Mix milk, egg, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and pour over the challah making sure to cover it all.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the challah springs back when you touch it.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat heavy cream with a mixer until peaks start to form.
- Add in confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and beat until still peaks form and you have whipped cream!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a pot over high heat and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add cream and whisk until you have caramel! Serve immediately or reheat before serving.