Matzah Pizza (Two Ways!)
Total time: 25 mins
Author: Amy Kritzer
- 2 pieces matzah
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 thin pieces fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with foil. Toast the matzah for about 10 minutes. This will make the pizza extra crispy and not get soggy once you put the topping on.
- Mix half of the tomato sauce with the cream cheese until well combined.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium high heat and heat oil. Add onions and salt and lower heat to medium. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
- Take one piece of matzah and spread the cream cheese sauce mixture. Top with onions and mozzarella.
- Take the other piece of matzah and top with remaining tomato sauce, feta and black olives.
- Bake again until the cheese is melty, about 7 minutes. Garnish the onion pizza with cilantro and the olive pizza with basil and serve immediately!