Total Time: 0:30
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 1 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in. strips
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 3 oz. grated Parmesan, plus additional for serving
- Cook penne according to package directions. One minute before the pasta is finished cooking, add peas. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta and peas and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and heat remaining tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, Parmesan, and ½ cup pasta water to pasta and toss to combine. (Add more water to achieve desired consistency, if necessary.) Serve immediately with extra Parm.